Minutes - Mar 17
POLICE AND RESIDENTS FORUM The Police reported that there had been no crime in East Keswick in the last month. Across the country there have been a number of thefts of land rovers..
Cllr Pentith asked that the burglary at the home of Mrs Jean Barber before Christmas be looked into.
Cllr Bailey reported that there was evidence of empty Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) capsules in the playground and asked the Police to patrol the playground occasionally, and residents to report any incidents witnessed.
PRESENT Cllrs Batty, Pentith, Davies, and Bailey
APOLOGIES Cllrs Lord, Warren and Ogden.
Cllr Ogden had informed the Chairman of his wish to resign from the Council. The Chairman had accepted the resignation but wished to express thanks on behalf of the Council to Cllr Ogden’s for his many years of service .
DECLARATION OF PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS. None.
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON FEBRUARY 21st 2017 These were approved.
1.Grant Applications The application for funding from the Emmerdale Stakeholder fund will be submitted shortly.
2.Possible Village Orchard. Cllr Bailey reported that no trees could be planted until autumn. Cllrs considered that further information on the feasibility of the project before autumn would be helpful
3.Telephone Kiosk The Council has now received the contract details. These have been completed by the Clerk and sent to BT Payphones, together with the £1 payment. The Clerk is to check on whether the kiosk will continue to be supplied with electricity.
4. Neighbourhood Plan There was nothing to report.
5. Parish Assembly Cllr Ryan Stephenson has accepted the invitation to speak at the meeting.
6.Playground.Sign. The Chairman has now obtained this and showed it to Cllrs present at the meeting. Cllr Davies offered to check whether it was something which he could manage to install.
7.Litter Pick- Arrangements are in hand.
8. Possible Improvement to Footpaths in area. There was nothing to report.
9. Contents of Filing Cabinet The Chief Archivist at Morley was pleased to take possession of the old finance books in addition to the old minute books, and has now collected them from the Clerk.
(a) 17/00773 – Weemala, 6 Whitegate – Porch.
It was resolved to make no objection to this application.
(b) 17/00655- A58 – Outline App. for up to 140 homes – (Bardsey) – EKPC have objected
2. APPEAL AGAINST NON DETERMINATION.- JWT Developments – Land between 11 and 37 Church Drive.- Appeal dismissed. Awaiting further submission of plans
1.Bills for payment:- £ Net VAT Total
(a) Bardsey Tree Services – Work in Marsh 450.00 90.00 450.00
(b) J. Gallant – Salary/ Expenses 694.96 694.96
(c) H.M. Customs & Revenue – PAYE. 161.60 161.60
(d) EKVH – Rent 55.00 55.00
(e) GGS Grouncare – Maintenance 775.00 775.00
(f) BT – Purchase of Telephone Kiosk 1.00 1.00
(g) Pushkin Signs Ltd – Playground Sign 44.00 8.80 52.80
It was resolved to pay all the bills listed above.
CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW BUSINESS
1.Letter from Cllr Lamb, LCC, re Wetherby NP Cllr Lamb invited comments from PCs on the Wetherby Plan.
MINOR MATTERS FOR DELEGATION TO CLERK/NEXT AGENDA
1Bus Shelter – The Chairman has noticed the new wooden bus shelter at Hetchell View in Bardsey on the A58 and queried why this had been permitted when East Keswick had been refused one at the Duke of Wellington. Cllrs pointed out that this was a replacement shelter. To obtain a new shelter from Metro a location has to satisfy certain criteria – mainly the number of potential passengers throughout the day. The site opposite the Duke has already been assessed by Metro who concluded it did not meet the necessary requirements.
2. New Cllr – The Council will need to advertise the vacancy .
3. Annual Report – The Chairman agreed to try to get this prepared in time for the Parish Assembly.
4. Next Meeting – The April Meeting preceding the Parish Assembly will commence at 6.30 on Tuesday April 18th.
EKPC March 17 Mins.