PRESENT Cllrs Batty, Pentith, Lord, Davies,  Bailey .


APOLOGIES  Cllrs Warren and Ogden.                   


MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON MARCH 15TH  2016.These were approved.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        


1.School Buses – The Chairman.reported that he and one parent had attended the Leeds City Council meeting where he had explained  the problem facing some parents following the new methods used by LCC to calculate distances to the nearest school. He had been well received and Leeds Cllrs had voted almost unanimously to refer the matter back to the committee. This will take a few weeks.  

2.Reply from VH Trustees to E mail from PC. and further reference to PC request from VH AGM. The Secretary of the Trustees had replied that her committee is willing to consider the requests from the PC. Cllrs Pentith and Warren had later attended the VH AGM.  The Parish Council has been given sight of the First Schedule of the VH Constitution but has been advised that the location of the Second Schedule is not known. It was agreed that the Clerk and Cllr Pentith would look into this further.  

3. Tour de Yorkshire  Cllr Davies reported that the Women’s Race on April 30 is expected to pass through the village at 0852, and the Men’s Race at 1450.The Chairman has obtained the bunting and banner and Cllr Davies has located the most suitable village locations for the 200 metres of bunting obtained.  

4. Arrangements for Litter Pick   These are in hand. The roads throughout the village are to be swept on the Saturday.  

5. State of Ginnel between Main Street and Church Drive. The Clerk said that she was hopeful that re-surfacing work would be carried out free by Highways in return for permission given them by the PC to dump road scalpings in the Crabtree Lane car park whilst carrying out re-surfacing work in the Hillcrest area.                                                                                                  

6. Parish Walks Cllr Lord reported that he has fixed the date for the longer Parish Walk for 5th July.

7. Annual Report. This is now ready for distribution.

8. Breakdown of LCC  PC Election Costs  The Clerk has received a letter setting out full details of how the costs of the last election were calculated.

9. E mail from Moor Lane resident re Hedge Cutting on Boundary of the Playground and her Property. This has been noted.

10.  E mail Correspondence between Cllr Robinson and Bob Buckenham re Drains at end of Crabtree Lane. Cllr Robinson has sent a number of e mails to Bob Buckenham inquiring about when the work is likely to commence.

11. Playground Sign and condition of one piece of equipment. The Chairman has designed and submitted to Cllrs for approval 2 different signs – one plain and one more colourful. Cllrs are in favour of the plainer one as being more in keeping with surroundings. The Chairman will look into the possibility of a slight alteration to the wording.                                                 One of the older pieces of equipment  has been emitting a brown sticky substance which stains clothes. Several attempts have been made to clean it off but the problem remains. Wicksteed Leisure ( the company who undertake maintenance of the playground) have therefore been contacted for advice.  



1.New applications:- 

(a) 16/01726 – Ivy Grange Barn – Porch to front. –

It was resolved to make no objection.   


(a) No.16/00250 – Hillingdon, Hillcrest, Collingham – Exts. 



1.Bills for payment:-                                                     £ Net               VAT             Total

(a) Local Council Review Subs                                      17.00                                 17.00

(b) YLCA – Subs.                                                         388.00                               388.00   (c) Reimbursement – A. Batty – Bunting                        99.01            19.80          118.81

(d) J. Gallant – Photocpying/ Stationery                         40.80                                40.80 

(e) Banners  and Mash Ltd                                           118.00            23.60         141.60 


It was resolved to pay the bills listed above.


2. End of Year Draft Accounts. The Clerk had prepared these and submitted them to Cllrs for approval a week before the meeting. Cllrs Pentith and Lord had examined the books and files and had found them satisfactory. The Chairman signed them as a correct record.

3. Annual Governance Statement for External Auditor. The Vice Chairman read out the list of questions to which Cllrs replied in the affirmative. She and the Clerk then signed them as a correct record.                                                                                                                                                  



1.E mail from Resident concerning obstruction caused by black bin at corner of Main Street and Lumby Lane.  Cllrs discussed this and agreed that the bin could be regarded as a hazard but that there is really no other suitable location for it.                                                                                                                         

2. E mail from Paul RobinsonChairman of Collingham Junior Football Club, with request for long term lease of Sportsground. Mr Robinson explained that the request is made on behalf of Collingham Football Club who rent the ground and find it an excellent facility apart from the drainage. They would like to invest in the site and make it a permanent ground for younger players. They would require a long term lease in order to apply for grants for drainage. The Clerk spoke to Harry Moores, the sole active Trustee ,about the scheme. He would welcome it and believes the other 3 Trustees would have no objection. He explained to the Clerk that the whereabouts of the constitution is not known,  The Sports Club is the present owner of the land  and any transfer deal would therefore need the approval of 2 of its Trustees. Cllrs are also in favour of accepting the offer and in addition consider that the land should first be conveyed to them., an arrangement previously carried out by the Tennis Club.  Cllr Pentith and the Clerk  will seek legal advice on this.

3. E mail from David Cook reporting on attempt by Stephen Wood to persuade ROW to provide a footpath alongside A659. Cllrs support this initiative.


Signed:                                                                        Date:                                                                                                                                                                    

(220 x 150 pixels)

(220 x 150 pixels)

(220 x 150 pixels)

(452 x 150 pixels)

(220 x 150 pixels)