POLICE AND RESIDENTS FORUM  The Police attended and reported no crimes since the last report. They were reminded of the promise from PCSO Alan Stead to supply flyers concerning showing respect for neighbours when parking on pavements.

A Moor Lane resident  attended and drew the attention of Council to a number of issues .

 

·          Date of PC Meeting and Publication Date for Village Newsletter. - There is a long gap between these and the Cllrs were asked to consider changing the date of their meeting to the previous Tuesday in the month. Cllrs instead offered to publish their minutes after a suitable interval when all had been afforded enough time to request revisions, rather than wait for approval at the next meeting. In this way they could get info out on the website earlier.  

·         Flooding Problems leading to accident potential – The end of Crabtree Lane at the junction with the A659, on the A659 shortly before the junction with Cleavesty Lane, and on Moor Lane opposite Reighton House. In the latter case Highways might need to alert the landowner to the need to drain his  ditches. The Clerk will refer both the above problems to Highways.

·         Footpaths – No information has recently been received about the Footpath Group, led by Sylvia Pinkney and formed almost 10 years ago and  little attention seems to have been given to the expansion of the footpath network in the village. A footpath along Harewood Road would be particularly welcome. The Chairman said that 2 new footpaths are being mooted in the NDP and he will refer to Malcolm Cooper on the matter.  

 

PRESENT Cllrs Batty, Pentith, Lord, and Warren.

 

APOLOGIES Cllrs Davies, Ogden and Bailey.                      

 

DECLARATION OF PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS. The Chairman declared an interest in Finance 1 (a).

 

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON JANUARY 19TH 2016 These were approved.

 

MATTERS ARISING

1. School Buses –  The Chairman reported that arrangements are in hand for the deputation to LCC next month.

2. New Internal Auditor . The Clerk reported that she had approached both Suzanne and Will Lifford but both had declined. She had then asked Philip Oddy, Internal Auditor for Bardsey PC , and he had agreed.                                                                                                       

3.Tour de Yorkshire –Cllr Davies had sent a comprehensive report on info received from Bob Brayshaw, TdY organiser and from a meeting he had attended at Chevin Lodge Hotel.                                                     

·         Timings-  Sat 30 April is the only day when men's and women's race will run. Women's likely to be between 9.30 and 10.30; men's between 14.10 and 15.30.(not yet confirmed).

·         Road Closures – Rolling road closures to be in place from approx. 20 mins before each race and roads  will re open immediately afterwards. Open in between men's and women's race..

Cllrs discussed bunting and banners at the meeting and the Chairman offered to obtain prices for both. The bunting should be red, white and blue to make it useful for later occasions. Council agreed to spend up to £250 on bunting and banners. 

4. Repairs on Lumby Lane.Tony Penniston reported that all roads to be used in the TdY are currently being inspected for safety and where necessary work will be carried out.

5. Neighbourhood Plan.  This is progressing well

6. State of Ginnel between Main Street and Church Drive.The Clerk has asked Bob Buckenham of ROW whether the Footpath Rangers who did work on a footpath in Bardsey could undertake the work required. If this is not possible she will approach TCV.                                                      

7.Parking on Pavements.  A reply had been received from PCSO Alan Stead stating that he has produced some flyers for PC use and these would be  brought to the meeting . Highways are planning to introduce parking restrictions on 2 particular roads in Collingham where parking is an issue. Police are to be requested to review parking on pavements.                                                                                                                                        

8.Report from Chairman on Meeting of Harewood and Wetherby Forum.:-

 

·         An SID camera is available for loan and training will be provided on its use. No legal prosecution powers are attached. A smiley face, or a face with a frown are shown, together with the speed when the motorist passes. Ref:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .The Chairman wondered whether this would be useful at school rat run times.

·         A website is to become available from which LCC grass contractors can be contacted at any time.

·         Jessica Hodgson has access to more bins if required.  Cllrs are puzzled by the presence of 2 bins in close proximity on Moor Lane. They agreed to look round the village to decide on a more suitable location for one of them .

·         TdY are having a  meeting on Feb. 18 at Barwick.

·         The next Outer Leeds Forum will be on June 9th.

9.Newcomers' Lunch. October 1st is suggested as a suitable date. The Chairman will look into suitable arrangements about this and about a possible menu.

10  Annual Report. and Parish Assembly   The Chairman reported that he has started on the Report and would welcome any photos and/ or other input. It was agreed to ask Cllr Ann Castle , who is retiring as a Ward Cllr, whether she would be willing to be the speaker at the meeting.                                                                                                                                                                    

11.Condition of Bridleway to Wharfe from A659.  Bob Buckenham of PROW had advised the Clerk that this has been logged as 351 for maintenance . They are inspecting the whole public rights of way network for flood damage.                                                                  

12.Proposed Sign for Playground.  Cllr Batty has e mailed Cllrs with a proposal for this sign. This was approved with one slight modification. It was agreed that in addition to the main sign there should be small permanent signs in several places to replace the present temporary ones.                                                                                                                                      

13. Annual Parish and Town Council Forum Meeting – Thursday 25th February   Cllr Pentith offered to attend.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

PLANNING

1.New applications:-

(a) 16/00250- Hillingdon, Hillcrest – Exts.  Cllr Lord offered to visit the site before e mailing Cllrs with his views on whether we should approve the application. One neighbour has objected.

 

 

FINANCE   

1.Bills for payment:-                                                     £ Net               VAT             Total

(a) CMS – Annual Hosting Fee                                    190.00             38.00           228.00                     

It was resolved to approve the bill listed above .

 

CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW BUSINESS                                                                                 

1.Hedge Trimming – Moor Lane –  A resident had noted the poor condition of the Moor Lane verges , due to heavy vehicular usage , and these will require attention.                                                                                                                                                      

2 Annual Report from EKWT  The report from the Chairman has been received. It shows that the Trust has carried out a great deal of work during the year.

 

MINOR MATTERS FOR DELEGATION TO CLERK/NEXT AGENDA                                 

1.Litter Pick  It was agreed to hold this on Saturday April 23rd. The Clerk will make arrangements . It will start at 10am and people will assemble at the Methodist Chapel.     

2. Details of Village Hall Trustees Meetings – As the Council has received no recent information about  these,  it was agreed to write to the Secretary of the Trustees asking for sight of recent minutes and to restart sending a representative to their meetings.

 

 Signed :                                                                Date:

 

 

EKPC Feb. 16 Mins.

 

 

 

 

ADVERTISING SPACE
(220 x 150 pixels)

ADVERTISING SPACE
(220 x 150 pixels)

ADVERTISING SPACE
(220 x 150 pixels)

ADVERTISING SPACE
(452 x 150 pixels)

ADVERTISING SPACE
(220 x 150 pixels)