Village New Year starts with fire
The first hour of 2017 was marked by a fire in the village. Private fireworks to celebrate the New Year accidentally set fire to a hedge in The Close and two fire engines were sent to scene to deal with it. It was quickly extinguished. However fire crews accidentally damaged a fire hydrant nearby which leaked water down Main Street before it was repaired on Tuesday 3rd Jan.
Elsewhere in the village, around a hundred people attended the annual Village Hall Hogmanay Dinner on New Years Eve and both pubs were packed the following day after the annual tug of war between teams representing the two pubs.